Wednesday, November 7, 2012

This is the BEST of times!

    I just have to blog about this. Everyone has been talking, or rather, mourning over the outcome of the election Tuesday. I have to admit I was, and still am, very disappointed myself. It was my first time to vote, and I watched fox news like a hawk while I was at work. Then, the news came, we have a new President. Or rather, the old one.

     So, what about all this? I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, right? Honestly, now that the election is over, I'm ready to go on with my life. Regardless of who is President of the United States, who has majority in the Senate, if I'm going to have free time this weekend, or if they still have pumpkin flavored ice-cream at Braums, I'm going to do what I have been doing. That is, trying to fulfill God's purposes in my life and in my world. MY world: the people I am surrounded by, the job I go to everyday, and the schoolwork assignment I'm faced with when I get home. I will still strive with all my heart to serve and obey my King, who, by the way, is not the President.

    We are living in perilous time, as the Bible says, but we are in the best of times! I am living in the best time period in the history of the world! You know how I know that? Because I am! God put me here in this time and in the US for a specific purpose. He has something for me to do, something for me to learn. He has people for me to meet and influence. The same is true for you as well.

   I am not looking at the world through rose-colored glasses at all, but I do want to remind each of us that even though we are living in hard, trying times, we are truly living in the best of times. We are going to see things that our grandparents never saw, and most likely we will be part of the Rapture! Yes, this is truly the best of times.



2 comments:

  1. Awesome! You always make me proud. I love the way you put this. No matter what happens in our lives today, Jesus is our King and ultimately Heaven is our goal. Way to go, Sis! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you to Aunt! You're absolutely right! God is always in control!

    ReplyDelete