Saturday, May 8, 2010

So Blessed

I was just sitting here thinking how much the Lord has blessed me lately. I'm almost done with school; I have 1 english pace to go and I'm done. I just got a job at Walgreens, which is a really good place to start out as a first job! I have't started yet, but I'm sure I'll really enjoy it.
I am blessed to be healthy, and not handicapped, able to get up out of bed in the morning and praise Him with my mouth. To be able to get down on my knees (and be able to get up again), and pray.
I'm thankful to have a family who loves me and supports me and who know the Lord.
I'm thankful to know the Lord myself, and to know I can go to Him anytime with my problems and issues, or even, just to talk to Him. I know I don't do that often enough, really, none of us do. We get so caught up in our situations that we often forget that telling God about our problems and praying about them is only a small part of prayer. But too often it's all of our prayer! It's sad. I say Jesus is my best friend, but I'm not a very good friend to Him if I only take and never give. Have you ever had a "friendship" like that? Have you ever had a friend that constantly took but never gave anything in return? I know I have. And I never could really get close to that friend. I often say and plead with God that I really want to get closer to Him. But what if He's looking down at me, and thinking, "Now what will I get out of it? I've seen how you are, you take but never give."
Now I know I'm looking at this from a human point of view. I know God is full of mercy and grace, and He so often blesses us so much even though we don't deserve it! But, what are we doing to bless the Lord Himself? I think He deserves it, don't you? Isn't He worthy of more praise than we could ever give Him?
I think this is something I'm going to be meditating on. What can I do to bless the Lord?

2 comments: