Monday, May 3, 2010

Job hunting is a full time job

Can I get a witness?
But seriously! Mom and I just spent all morning and afternoon looking for a job. I have 2 paces to go before I'm completely done with school, so I can have a full time job. I found out today that a whole lot of places are hiring! So now I have a stack of applications and a ton of places online I'm doing applications for. So here are the places I went to and applied or will apply online.

Walgreens
Hobby Lobby
Michaels
JoAnns
Kohls
Old Navy
Famous Footwear
Payless Shoestore
JcPenny Outlet
Burlington Coat Factory
DressBarn
Little Cesaers
GNC Health
Office Max

OK, so I'm really sure I can't remember them all! I went so many places they're all running together!
Now I'm not complaining. I really enjoyed getting out and talking to people today, even though I do have sore feet. There were a lot of really nice people. I found out once you get out and do it once, it's a lot easier the second, third, and fourth time, and so on.

SO, if any of you out there are thinking about getting out and looking for a job, DO IT! Right now a lot of places are hiring because of summer coming up soon and all! And take time to actually go to the store! People will most likely remember you when they see your app that way. That's especially helpful if its all online, like a lot of it is now days.
So happy job hunting, folks! I was telling Mom earlier that I hope this is all worth it, and I have a sneaking suspision that it will, once I have a paycheck coming in! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment