Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Life...life...I can't think of any other name....blah blah

I've been thinking to myself lately, "I really need to blog." Then again, "I really need to update my blog." So here I am, doing just that! I know that most of you have probably completely given up on me, it being a long, long time since my last update, but here I am. :)
     It's funny how when you are going to speak in front of a larger group of people, say for a devotion, or maybe a speech, you know exactly what you're going to say, and you just cannot stop the flow of thoughts and words in your head right until that very moment when you stand in front of the microphone. Then, in some strange, mysterious way, the microphone literelly sucks every bit of brainpower you have, leaving you with a blank brain. That is how so often how I feel about blogging. I have a lot of ideas and thoughts, but as soon as I sit down in front of this blank page, my brain begins to look the same: blank.
     I know most of ya'll, (the ones that are still with me, that is), have seen bits and pieces of my life of facebook. By the grace of God, I completed my first year of Ozark Bible Institute and College in Neosho, MO. It has been one of the best years of my life, with a lot of hard times packed in with a lot of good, amazing experiences. That is life in general, actually. How would we learn to appreciate the good times? I learned a lot, I laughed a lot, I cried a lot, I prayed a lot, I took little naps a lot, and I stayed up way too late a lot. I gained a lot, and lost a lot. I did things I thought I would never do, and didn't do things I always thought I would do. (This does not include skydiving.) 
     When I went to OBI, I did not really know if I would be going back or not. All I knew was that I wanted to be there. I did not really feel like the Lord "called" me there; I just really wanted to be there. I went wanting to accomplish three main goals:
          
           1. To get closer to God.
           2. To figure out His will for my life.
           3. To learn more about the Bible.

     I am thankful to say that I accomplished them all, yet, I haven't even scratched the surface of any of them. I cannot cross them off of my life's checklist. Why? Because they can never be completed until my life here is done. That is one of the biggest lessons I learned. I learned that these endeavors are not destinations, but they are journeys.
          
           1. I will never "arrive" when it comes to getting closer to Him, because I could never, ever reach the end of Who He is.
           2. Discovering God's will is not really all that difficult, it's just saying yes to the Lord every day, doing those little things that He commands and that He lays on your heart. "The steps of a righteous man are ordered by the Lord..." Psalm 37:23.
           3. I think I have taken Nike's slogen for a lot of things lately. "JUST DO IT." Read the Bible, STUDY the Bible, pray for Heaven's sake! (Speaking to myself.)

     Yes, I learned a lot, but I have so much more to go. There are a thousand lifetimes of things to learn of and about God and His Word. "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out." Romans 11:33
     Not to discourage you! I want to encourage you! Even though His ways are past finding out, they are God's ways, and how do you find out God's ways? By going to God, of course! Remember James 1:5? "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." There is no question to the statement, "it will be given him." Just ask! Simple, yet we make it so complicated.

What do you call a writer version of a long-winded speaker? A wordy writer? If ya'll find out let me know. =)

Attitude check?!?!

         
         

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are back! Love your answers to 1. 2. and 3. You never "arrive", you say "yes" everyday and you "just do it"! Yeah, I like that! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete