Monday, May 14, 2012

Home Sweet....Hotel....

     I'm finally home for the whole summer! No more dorm showers, hotel rooms, or Cracker Barrels! I'm not complaining about the dorm or choir tour conditions by no means, but I am so happy to be home! I'm very, very thankful for what God provided, but there's nothing like your own bed and personal space!

    So as soon as I got home from choir tour, the next day we load our Dodge Caravan and headed to Lake Melvern for a short vacation. And we stayed in a hotel. :( The good part is my sister and I had our own room!

 
    We went out the first day on the lake. Just imagine. Perfect conditions. Not too hot, just coasting along at a comfortable speed on the lake in a Pontoon, then, *sputter sputter splut.....then silence. Our boat motor quit in the middle of the lake.

 



 Then, it got really hot! Thank the Lord there was a marinna nearby and they towed us in.

 



   The next day, we got it fixed and went out again, this time for about 4 or 5 hours. Sadly, we only caught two fish.
 









 
 





Sooo, I'm really glad to be home. Wednesday I start work. PTL my manager is able to give me 40 hours right away!

   I've been scouring the internet for tearooms in Kansas City. One of my best friends ever from school works at the best one ever in Kentucky, and while I was on choir tour she took me. I really, really wanted to take Mom to one here in Kansas, but unfortunately, Kansas seems to suffer from a tearoom shortage! Sadest thing ever!

   Oh, and as a late Mother's Day shout out, I have the BEST MOM EVER! She crocheted all the gifts for the ladies in our church in TWO DAYS! She's beast! 



 "Til next time!

1 comment:

  1. Your mom is definitely Super Mom! And of course, she would be working on a project while you are on the boat!!!! She inspires me!

    ReplyDelete